St Andrew's College Cambridge
St. Andrew’s College Cambridge has been offering both UK and international students the opportunity to study in central Cambridge for over 40 years. St Andrew’s College is owned by the Dukes Education Group. What makes us different is we are a small school with dedicated staff who are committed to helping students to achieve success and have a successful future. Our administration team and many of our teachers have been working with St Andrew’s for more than 10 years (many longer!) and this means we all have the experience needed to help and support you in every aspect.
We have a broad range of courses available including Pre A-Level and A Levels. We also offer 9 university foundation courses including Architecture, Engineering and Business. You are certain to find a course to suit you. We will support you throughout your course and you will have a personal tutor who will help you to achieve your goals and find the right university and course for you. We also offer many extra-curricular activities such as sports and clubs.
Why St Andrew’s College, Cambridge?
• Stunning and safe central Cambridge location with strong connections with Cambridge University and only 47 minutes train ride to London
• Excellent progression rate (A-level A*-A 87%, A*-B 93%, 34% progressed to a G5 university - Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, IC & UCL; 87% Foundation students progressed to a top 20 UK university)
• Merit-based scholarship available
• Extension Programme for top A-level students with a private Cambridge University tutor
• 60% of the teaching staff are retired professors/lecturers or finished PhD studies from Cambridge University
• Fantastic Medicine Programme with the extra support of medical exams and interview preparation, plus internship opportunities at Cambridge University hospital and access to the Medic Portal
• Family-style quality boarding accommodation with twin and single en-suite rooms staffed by warm and friendly house parents
• Small class sizes with an average of 4 to 6 students per class and a personal tutor for every student
• Excellent pastoral care and student services
• Sport, music and art activities as well as many clubs and societies
• Carefully monitored student progress including regular assessments and extra 1-1 tutorial sessions
• Flexible intakes with September and January options
WHY STUDY IN CAMBRIDGE?
Cambridge is a beautiful city in the East of England on the River Cam. It’s home to the world-renowned Cambridge University which dates to 1209 and includes King’s College which is known for its choir and gothic chapel. Cambridge is a city of education and that’s why so many people choose to come here and study.
It is not a big city and it benefits from being just a 50-minute train ride from London.
• City of Education
• Beautiful architecture
• The River Cam flows through the city and offers the opportunity to try your hand at punting or take a scenic walk
• Great shopping with John Lewis, Primark, Urban Outfitters, Hollister, Superdry, Ted Baker and many more
• Many museums and galleries such as the beautiful Fitzwilliam Museum
• Go to the Cambridge University Shakespeare festival and sit on the lawn in the magnificent college grounds. Plays take place at King’s College, Downing College and Trinity Hall to name a few
• Attend a lecture at Cambridge University. These are free to attend and cover a broad range of subjects. Upcoming lecture titles include • Nanomanufacturing, Batteries and the Energy Transition and Our Quantum Future.
• There are numerous sporting opportunities with many sports centres, gyms and rowing clubs plus numerous parks and open spaces to relax and enjoy.