The University of Chester offering hundreds of courses at undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree level across eight academic faculties.
Ranked Sixth-Best in the UK for International Students
With more than 35,000 student reviews across 140 UK Universities, on May 26th 2022, the University of Chester finished sixth in the best for international students' category at the 2022 WhatUni? Student Choice Awards. This national recognition, voted for by our current international students, is testament to our University’s commitment to providing international students with the very best experience and support we can throughout their time with us.
The University of Chester offers generous international and merit-based scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate study, providing a significant reduction to the published headline tuition fees. You will automatically be considered for these scholarships when submitting an application and any award given will be shown on your offer letter.
High Graduate Employability
90.4% of graduates are in employment and/or further study. We will provide you with a range of opportunities to help you to gain the experience, skills and knowledge that you need to succeed during your time at university and beyond. You will also be supported by information, advice and guidance services which have been nationally commended.
Outstanding Course Rankings
Times Good University Guide 2020
• Top 5 in the UK for Teaching Quality in Accounting and Finance
• Top 5 in the UK for Teaching Quality in Archaeology and Forensic Science
• Top 3 in the UK for Teaching Quality in Chemical Engineering
• Best in the UK for Teaching Quality in Computer Science
• Top 5 in the UK for Teaching Quality in German
• Top 3 in the UK for Student Experience in Iberian Languages
• Top 3 in the UK for Student Experience in Mechanical Engineering
• Top 5 in the UK for Teaching Quality in Psychology
• Top 5 in the UK for Student Experience in Theology and Religious Studies
Chester is a modern and contemporary city, rich in history and culture. One of eight world-famous British Heritage cities, Chester welcomes over eight million tourists each year with a wide variety of attractions. Ideally placed in the North West of England, it is less than an hour from Manchester and Liverpool, just a two-hour direct train journey to London and close to both the beautiful Welsh coast and mountains. The ancient Roman walls still surround Chester’s city centre, which along with the renowned Cathedral, Eastgate Clock, and Roman Amphitheatre, demonstrate its 2000-year-old heritage
University of Chester
*Statistic info from Times Higher Education (THE)
World University Ranking (#)
Impact Ranking 2020
Young University Ranking 2019
International Student (%)