Robert Morris University
A private university in suburban Pittsburgh, Robert Morris University prepares students for great careers and great lives. With more than 80 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, plus a variety of professional certificates and customizable programs for corporate and organizational partners, RMU builds on nearly a century of educational excellence.
Robert Morris University traces its history to 1921, when it opened its doors as the Pittsburgh School of Accountancy. In 1935 the school took the name of Robert Morris, the Founding Father and Pennsylvanian known as the “Financier of the American Revolution.”
Reputation and Outcomes
A nationally ranked, doctoral-granting university, RMU has the professionally focused degree programs and personal attention that are the gateway to great careers and great lives.
Gallup studies show RMU students are more likely than typical college graduates to say college prepared them for life after graduation, are more likely to have a job offer waiting when they graduate, earn more, and are more engaged in their careers and thriving in their personal well-being. And with RMU’s Student Engagement Transcript, graduates have a record to show future employers of their leadership and other experiences outside the classroom.
• 95% of the Class of 2020 who are employed have jobs in their field of choice.
• 86% of graduates completed internships or other work-related experiences
• 77% of graduates work in a professional or managerial position
• U.S. News & World Report ranks RMU in the top half of all national universities in its 2022-23 Best Colleges rankings. RMU is also in the top half of Best Value Schools among national universities.
• One of only 19 universities in the country named a Center of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries.
• Ranked #15 out of 108 U.S. universities in Fortune’s Best Online MBA Programs in 2022.
• Ranked 8th out of 20 U.S. universities listed as Fortune’s Best Online Master's Programs in Cybersecurity for 2022.
• The first university in Pennsylvania to join the Amazon Web Service Academy and offer cloud computing certification curriculum.
• Military-friendly, with scholarships and grants to close the gap between federal Yellow Ribbon Program benefits and tuition, with a Gold ranking in 2021 Military Friendly® Schools.
• One of the Top Universities for Professional Sales Education 2022 named by the Sales Education Foundation.
• Named to The Princeton Review 2022 Best Online Nursing School Master's Programs.
• Ranked #18 in Best 25 Software Developer Degree Programs 2021 by Best Value Schools.
• One of tech news website ZDNet's Top 5 Online Schools for Master's in Network Security in 2022.
• Named by Value Colleges in the Top 25 Best Value Online Human Resources Master's Programs for 2021.
• Ranked #17 in the Safest College Towns in America 2021 by SafeWise.
Robert Morris University actively fosters an inclusive and diverse environment.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion seeks to promote and grow a diverse and inclusive campus community. Our office exists to champion diversity related initiatives, partner research and analyze diversity data in order to enhance the inclusive spirit on campus. Robert Morris University is committed to maintaining an environment that is consistent with our core value of inclusion, which calls upon all of us to demonstrate respect for the dignity of, and promote the safety and well-being of each member of the university community.